LAWA's Vanpool Program alone saves over 5,500,000 commute miles per year, approximately 390,000 gallons of gasoline annually, thousands of dollars in insurance and vehicle depreciation costs, and countless hours spent on Southern California's over-burdened freeways. Our Vanpool Program currently consists of employees utilizing vans serving Los Angeles International Airport, Ontario International Airport, and Van Nuys Airport.
LAWA provides a subsidy for each participant and riders are not required to make up any cost shortage for empty seats. Airport tenants are also allowed to take advantage of this program.
Current benefits and incentives available to vanpool participants include:
- Low, affordable, subsidized fares
- Free emergency ride home
- Free van washes each month
- Free on-site detailing twice per year
- Rideshare Rewards, Club Metro, Riverside County's Club Ride, and San Bernardino County's Team Ride incentives
- Free personal miles each month for vanpool drivers
- Free gas for all commute and personal miles
- Preferred parking
- Emergency road service
Other related links: