Los Angeles World Airports
The Volunteer Information Professionals (VIP) program mission is to assist passengers to ensure a friendly and positive experience at LAX. The personal touch is what passengers remember most during their travels which makes our volunteers “Very Important People” as well as Volunteer Information Professionals! VIPs are located in information booths on the Arrivals Level of each LAX terminal. On occasion, volunteers may be assigned to roam at the baggage claim area and its nearby exits. Volunteers will work in groups of two in four-hour shifts, with each volunteer working one shift per week, or more, if preferred. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. during the weekdays and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the weekends.
WHAT DO VIPS DO?
Traveling can be very stressful, so VIPs help alleviate some of that anxiety through assistance such as:
- Providing directions to various airport and community facilities
- Assisting passengers with finding appropriate transportation
- Providing suggestions to sightseeing attractions in the Los Angeles area
- Facilitating communications between distressed passengers and airlines
Training for VIPs includes customer service techniques, latest procedures in airport security and airline check-in procedures, airport services and amenities, travel and hospitality resources, assistance during emergencies and incidents, and Internet and computer training. Volunteers will also attend a Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) employee orientation and badge training. Training for new volunteers is on-going and you will be notified upon submission of application.
A Resource Notebook, laptop computer, cell phone, and land line phones are available as resources.
- Wonderful opportunity to assist passengers in need!
- Parking privileges during volunteer hours
- Invitations to LAWA events and activities (tours, briefings, open houses, field trips, etc.)
- Eligibility to apply for LAWA Human Resources training (CPR, Spanish language, sign language course, etc.)
- Annual recognition event
- Beautiful red vest!
Heidi Huebner, Director of Volunteers
(424) 646-VIP1 (8471)
If you want to volunteer, please click here.